The Arkansas Razorbacks gave me a rare and unexpected surprise Saturday as they beat the second ranked Auburn Tigers 27-10. Actually, they ran all over Auburn—literally. Both McFadden and Jones rushed for more than 100 yards against what had been the third best scoring defense in the country. Hey, now all we have to do is beat all the teams we’re favored to beat… and then pull three more upsets, and we go to the BCS! I’m not ordering the tickets just just yet.It was good to see David and Julie Black again yesterday. There were back in the area so that David could perform a wedding. I was glad to finally get to hear him preach (the other times he’s preached here was because I was out of town). I also thought Roger did a good job leading worship, especially since he did not that he was until the last minute. Preparation is overrated!
My major job this morning is restoring my Dell laptop to its original pristine operating condition. Somehow I picked up a virus, and I could not encourage it to leave. My virus program graciously pointed out to me that I had a virus; it even showed me where the virus was. It wouldn’t repair or quarantine the virus-- it just kept on pointing out that I had one. Not only was the virus there, but the virus program popped up ever so often to rub that it! That is like some people who are more than willing to point out all your flaws and mistakes, but they will not help you do anything about them. Hard drives are much easier to reformat than are friends and neighbors!
No comments:
Post a Comment