Monday, October 02, 2006

Exceeding Abundantly

For a couple of reasons, the church here had fallen way behind in our budget. Those two reasons beings we spent too much and took in to little (financial things confuse me, but I think I have that right). The elders did a great job cutting out some things we could do without while not affecting ministry. And they also asked the church to give one-time special offering to make up the deficit. We have been averaging something less than $5000 a week. Yesterday, we received almost $15,000 as the church did (to borrow Paul's words) exceedingly abundantly more than I could have imagined. Wow! Praise be to God!

-----------------

Yesterday was also sad as we said good-bye to Greg and Vicki and Jessika Ericksen. They were a big part of our church family way before Greg became an elder. I heard a preacher say one time that when we die we can either fill a hole in the ground or leave a hole in people’s lives. OK, they aren’t dead just leaving for Kentucky. (I’ll resist the temptation to add “same thing” here). But the Ericksen’s will leave holes all over the place at Denbigh. With them leaving so soon after Randall and Bobby, it feels like half our workforce is gone!

-----------------

Tressa will be attending the Monday Night Football game between the Eagles and Packers in Philadelphia tonight. I just want everyone to know that I’m not jealous! I wouldn’t even want to drive up to Philly and attend the game. Even if someone asked. Which no one did. But I’m not jealous! Seriously, she better call be from the stadium.

No comments: