Spring came early at the Tucker house yesterday! No, I’m not talking about the unusually warm weather (I’m actually going to cut my grass this afternoon if things dry off). No, our most important harbinger of spring arrived in the mailbox yesterday—the Pepperdine Bible Lectures program book! I actually stood outside for 10 minutes skimming the program before I went inside, and then I spent another 30 minutes reading it in more detail! I really have to do that because once Lynn gets it, I won’t get it back for weeks. By March, she’ll have all her lectures underlined and most of her clothes laid out!
Actually, getting the program this early is a rather rare treat for us. There have been several years where the program book didn’t come in the mail until after we get back from the trip. Of course, the entire program is online, and we sent off our reservations the same week we found the PDF application on the web site. But there is something about having the program book in hand that is a sure sign that spring is coming. You can keep your robins chirping in the backyard and the first game of baseball season. For us, spring is about making airline reservations to LAX. If you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to log onto CheapTickets.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment