Matt Redman tells how his preacher led him to look at worship in a different way. Redman is a worship leader; that is both his gift and his ministry. But for a period of weeks, it was decided decided that the church would worship without any music at all—no instruments, no singing, no nothing! During that time, the church concentrated on worship withou songs. For Redman, this focus was painful. But it was out of that experience that Redman saw worship in a whole new way, and he wrong wrote his classic praise song “Heart of Worship”--
When the music fades, all is stripped awayThe first question we need to ask about worship is not about its form or format; the first question is always about its focus. Worship is about God. Sure, the form worship tales impacts people, and therefore we must think about the forms. But the focus must always be God.
And I simply come longing just to bring
Something that's of worth that will bless your heart
I bring you more than a song,
For a song in itself is not what you have required
You search much deeper within
Through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart
I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You; it's all about You, Jesus
I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it
When it's all about you, it's all about you, Jesus
No comments:
Post a Comment