I had to go pick up gas yesterday before I could cut the grass. I have two plastic 2 gallon gas cans, and 2-3 or three times a year I have to go fill them up. And I hate it. No matter how fast I zip to the gas station and back, the car ends up smelling like gas for several gas afterward. No, none of the gas sloshes out of the cans. Yes, I put the sealed cans in the trunk. But no matter how careful I am, the smell of gas permeates the car. Some people like the smell of gas. It should smell great since it costs as much a gallon as Channel #5. But once the car starts smelling like gas, it won't go away.
Paul talks about his life as a smell that permeates and affects those around him-- "For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing." (2 Cor 2:15). The influence of the gospel permeated Paul's life and was unmistakable in everything he did. Not everyone liked the smell or appreciated the influence. So Paul says, "To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life" (2:16).
We are to be the aroma of Christ in the world today. He is to influence our lives to the point where we look like Him, sound like Him and smell like Him. And then we will impact the world like Him. The when people want to know more about Christ, they can just follow their nose!
2 comments:
As the temperature rises volatile liquids vaporizes more rapidly and there is also less available oxygen when the air is warm.
(Avoid filling gas cans on 3 digit days.)
When I smell vapors and fumes I know it is likely to be the smell of organic brain damage going to happen if no respirator is worn. When it is hot and humid they become less effective, the filters become saturated more rapidly, and they become more uncomfortable.
Most days I am thankful that I can smell at all.
A little known fact is that the first signs of organic brain disease having done damage (that is likely to be noticed by the one suffering from it) is the loss and or distortion of ones since of smell, it may however be a symptom of a brain tumor effecting that area that regulates that function. . . .
yes, the smell of death or the sweet smell of life depending on who’s side you are on.
Wherever we go whoever we spend time with. . . who do we smell like? Like those we walk with; that is how we will smell if we stay there.
Post a Comment