I have a blister on my big toe, and it really bothers me. Blisters are never fun, but this one is a particular sore spot because of where it came from. A little back story, which I know will be infinitely fascinating to you. Last year, I bought a pair of Nike Air Cross Trainers on sale at one of those factory outlet shoe places. I never wear Nike because they are usually much too narrow, but there were 4-E and they felt OK in the store. But soon thereafter I realized that I had paid $50 for a pair of shoes that killed my feet... and I went back to my old pair. Of course me being me, I complained about how uncomfortable those shoes were. And Lynn being Lynn, she thought that if I was going to spend $50 on a pair of shoes, I oughta wear 'em at least until they were completely broken in. After all, they look brand new (and they are because they're too uncomfortable to wear). And besides, you don't buy new shoes right before all the walking up and down all those stairs at Pepperdine.
Well, I went ahead and ordered a new pair of my old standard New Balance 608's so that I wouldn't have to wear those uncomfortable Nike's on our California trip. And now I have a blister on my toe, and it's a real sore spot. Not just because the blister hurts, but because (once again) Lynn was right and I wasn't. You would think with all the practice I have had being wrong through the years that I would be better at admitting it, or at least not being so shocked when it happens. But pride really can get in the way sometimes. Solomon said. "Pride only leads to arguments, but those who take advice are wise." (Proverbs 13:10, NCV). I should have listened.
Anyone in the market for a very-slightly-used pair of Nike's?
Well, I went ahead and ordered a new pair of my old standard New Balance 608's so that I wouldn't have to wear those uncomfortable Nike's on our California trip. And now I have a blister on my toe, and it's a real sore spot. Not just because the blister hurts, but because (once again) Lynn was right and I wasn't. You would think with all the practice I have had being wrong through the years that I would be better at admitting it, or at least not being so shocked when it happens. But pride really can get in the way sometimes. Solomon said. "Pride only leads to arguments, but those who take advice are wise." (Proverbs 13:10, NCV). I should have listened.
Anyone in the market for a very-slightly-used pair of Nike's?
No comments:
Post a Comment