What a day! Our friends and family “Jubilee Sunday” went great. OK., so maybe the title “Pig-Out-After-Church-Sunday” really would have been a more descriptive title, but it also felt like a Jubilee! I have never seen so much food before! We added about 30-40 chairs to the auditorium… and that is about how many extra folks we had… and most stayed for the meal afterward. It was a great day. I really appreciated all the folks who stayed afterwards to help clean up. It was a great day. We need to have special days like that more often, I think. Here’s an idea—what if those who prepared food (which was most of our members) donated the money spent on food preparation and then we catered the whole thing? Would that work? What do you think?
I have to say something about the BCS mess! What a fitting end to a bizarre college football season—both #1 (Missouri) and #2 (West Virginia) lost on the last week of the season. I feel bad for Roger (WVA is his team), but I never thought that Missouri and West Virginia were the best two teams. Of course, I never thought that OSU and LSU were the two best teams either? I guess that if you have to choose two teams at random, those are as good as any… except maybe USU and OU. I hope the mess continues until they come up with a playoff system.
One more football observation. I enjoyed watching the Giants play last night.... Not because they are the Giants (nobody really like the Giants). Not because it was a good game and the Giants came back to win, although both of those are true. I enjoyed it because Tank Daniels from Harding was activated to the Giants main roster and played last night. Tank (#52) is a linebacker and plays on special teams, so keep an eye out for him.
I did have a sudden flash of insight after we watched several of the players after scoring touchdowns or making tackles. Lynn said, "That reminds me of Jaxon." Jaxon is Tank and Courtney's very animated 3-year old Jaxon who does indeed act just like NFL players, mimicking their jumping around and strutting antics. Here's my flash of insight. It's not so much that Jaxon acts like NFL players... it's more that NFL players act like 3-year olds! I liked the good old days then Dick Butkus and Mike Curtis just tacked people and got up and glared at 'em without having to dance around like Fred Astair. But that's just me.
1 comment:
The best team doesn't always win! Go Ohio State!
We're #1!
We're #1!
We're #1!
Maybe?
Post a Comment