This is something of a “history-repeats-itself” deal. In 1976, Lou Holtz coached the New York Jets for 13 games, going 3-10 before he left the team before the end of the season. He quit to become the head coach at Arkansas. I hope this is history repeating itself. Arkansas went 11-1 in Holtz's first season, including a New Year's rout of Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl. The big obstacle in the way of a Holtz-type debut for Petrino is that Darren McFadden (most certainly) and Felix Jones (most likely) will be leaving Arkansas early and with them goes 98% of the Hog’s offense. It is hard to be an offensive genius without an offense!
"Much dreaming and many words are meaningless. Therefore stand in awe of God." (Ecclesiates 5:7)
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
New Guy in Fayetteville
This is something of a “history-repeats-itself” deal. In 1976, Lou Holtz coached the New York Jets for 13 games, going 3-10 before he left the team before the end of the season. He quit to become the head coach at Arkansas. I hope this is history repeating itself. Arkansas went 11-1 in Holtz's first season, including a New Year's rout of Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl. The big obstacle in the way of a Holtz-type debut for Petrino is that Darren McFadden (most certainly) and Felix Jones (most likely) will be leaving Arkansas early and with them goes 98% of the Hog’s offense. It is hard to be an offensive genius without an offense!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I went to a wedding a few weeks ago and -- I kid you not -- the groom "called the Hogs" at the reception. The groom's cake was in the shape of a Razorback.
You Razorback fans are really something.
I remain happy to be a USC Trojans fan -- Fight On!
BTW -- Petrino is a major upgrade, congrats!
Post a Comment