Fortunately, someone had left a loaf of (rather stale) bread in the kitchen. And there was some individually-wrapped cheese slices (or was it imitation cheese-like food product) in the fridge. Have you ever noticed that individually-wrapped cheese slices taste a lot more like the cellophane wrapper than they do cheese? And we even had a couple of squirt jars of mustard left from our last church cookout… probably in 2005? It tasted a little funny, but I had a cheese sandwich for lunch.
So I was going to write about how I can make do with just about anything for lunch. Like Paul, I can make do with a little or a lot. “I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry…” (Phil 4:12). Yep, me and Paul. But my object lesson on contentment sorta fell apart. After all, I did complain a bit about the bread, cheese and mustard that made up my sandwich, didn’t I? Is that really contentment? And then I went back and made a second sandwich!
Contentment is a lot easier to write about that it is to practice. Excuse me me while I go hunt around for a left over cookie or something for dessert!
7 comments:
Hey, I am sorry you had to eat those old leftovers and I hope you don’t get sick. I do think you were wise to eat some and then eat some latter instead of wolfing it all down at once. Which is what most children have to do at school, 20 minutes just isn’t enough time to eat a lunch and stay healthy when you are not a teenager anymore. As we get older it takes us longer to eat and we don’t always get enough water into our bodies.
It got me to thinking if I eat a cheese like product and mustard sandwich every day for lunch I could invest more of God’s money (that is in my house hold) and be able to help others to do well. (I wonder how long it would take before my body would revolt and demand more substantial nourishing, (Surely it would take more then three days)?
I had a meeting the other day and I learned a lot, got more than a little hungry and it was worth it. I learned that if you are not making (more than (6.29%) 7-8% on your investments and you live long enough you will have nothing left (because the value of a (dollar (invested and earning 5%) will likely have less value next year) {think about it} , yet a very good investor averaged 12% annual gain (while those who come to him with their money averaged only 6%) Think about it! Wow! No wonder we have to print more and more money and we have to work more and more hours and have less and less time to keep our family safe from the world! I am working on being content in my work but I don’t ever want to be “content” to work so that others can get more money more power over the poor and more stuff from them that they need to prosper. Smiling and saying everything will be all right will not make it true. I simply want to have the time to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done and to be able to live, rest and share healthy food in peace. I can and will with the help of a few trusted friends that I will pick myself.)
You can get one at Northern Hardware for a good price.
Post a Comment