Friday, January 05, 2007

Some Good News

I got an email yesterday from David Gaylor, president of Gaylor Multimedia, the company that records and distributes tapes and CD’s from the Pepperdine Lectures (among many other events). It seems that Gaylor Multimedia will offering material (both past and future) in mp3 format as well as CD. It took me forever last year to rip all the lectures DC’s to mp3's so I could to load them on my iPod (which was later stolen, of course). I have whole bookshelf in my library filled with tape and CD cases of past lectures. This will make it too easy!

More good news. A three year old child was saved in New York City after falling off a fourth-flour fire escape. Pedro Navarez and his brother Julio Gonzalez saw the boy dangling from the fire escape and ran to get under him just as he fell. Navarez tried to catch him, but the child hit with such force that it knocked him down… right out of his shoes. The child bounced and was caught out of mid-air by Gonzalez. The little boy was taken to the hospital, but he only suffered cuts and scrapes. So the old tip-drill at football practice does more that get you ready to intercept passes—it can be a lifesaver!

Speaking of football, Harding graduate Tank Daniels is now firmly entrenched on the Philadelphia Eagles... and the Eagles are now the hottest team in football. They are on a 5-game win streak (5-1 since Tank was activated) and will host the New York Giants on Sunday in the first round of the playoffs. Tank played much of the game last Sunday against the Falcons; the picture at right is Tank drawing a bead on Newport News native Mike Vick. Good luck to the Eagles Sunday... and watch for #50 to make some big plays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is good news! It is good to hear that there is a possibility that all the lectures, which may be like water laboriously drawn from a well (not to be poured out onto the ground but carefully preserved, expounded upon and distributed to those in need). Although I am not personally familiar with the Pepperdine Lectures I have heard good things about them and I am sure listening to them could enrich others and me. (I am a slow reader) Perhaps they could be organized in such a way that subjects and scriptures could be searched to help with structured studies. (I was sorry to hear about your ipod, I hope someone listened to it. Every one should have one with a good Bible arranged for structured study and some good explanations of those difficult subjects) Good news is always good to hear. 50 is looking good and he is on a winning team, that is winning more games! (5-1 that means won 5 out of six? 5 wins in a row! They are doing something right.) “Individuals win awards, teams win championships” I didn’t make that up, I saw it on a cheerleader’s tee shirt. “A single player has within himself the ability to lead a team to victory and all the players knows they will not win alone but with the team and their supporters working as one they are all winners.” those are my thoughts.