I am in mourning this morning, and it’s really hard to type while wearing a black armband! My constant companion for the last year and a half has left me and will not return. Oh, don’t waste too much sympathy on me—someone STOLE my iPod from my car. They took it out of my car parked while it was parked right in front of the church building beside Roger’s car. I usually take it inside with me, but I intentionally left it this time on the charger in the car. (They didn;t take the charger). What I did not intentionally do was to (evidently) leave the car unlocked! So today, I am tuneless. I’m always clueless; what idiot forgets to lock his car? Clueless is OK, but tuneless is tough.What hurts the worst is not the monetary loss ($250) or the sense of violation or the fact that I was about 3/4 the way through the new Tess Gerritsen audiobook. No, what really hurts the most is that Lynn had just said not long ago, “Someone’s going to steal that thing!” Hey, the KEY was in the car; why didn’t they take the whole car and leave me the iPod? Answer: They WANTED the iPod!
My first reaction when I realized it had actually been taken was, “Hope they choke on it!” Aside from this being logistically unlikely, that was not a very good line of thought or attitude. So I changed both. My new attitude and line of thinking is this— my iPod is filled with Christian music (Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, Hallal, Zoe, and three or four WOW and WOW worship albums) and even has a copy of the audiobook Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt by Anne Rice. Maybe they will listen to what is on the iPod before they sell or hock it and learn something. Maybe they needed my iPod more than I needed it? I hope they enjoy it… I really do.
Just in case you are wondering, my lunch hour today will be spent at Best Buy looking at iPods Maybe I can’t do too much about being clueless, but I won’t be tuneless for long!
2 comments:
Sorry for your loss, I'm hoping along with you that someone listens to what is on it! Looking on the upside, video iPods just dropped in price! :)
I forget to mention that many of the Pepperdine Lectures from this year were on there as well. Was there a lesson on "Thou Shalt Not Steal?"
Post a Comment