Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday, Monday

For awhile there, I was on fire picking teams in the NCAA tournament, but I cooled off in a hurry. If a couple of the squeakers would have just gone the other way... I do have 7 of my Elite-8 still alive-- I really thought Texas would beat Duke. But don’t tell Angelynn; she is this huge Duke fan. I don't know when she became such a Duke fan, but it was sometime before she was 7. Arkansas beat Duke for the 1994 national championship and she didn't speak to me for two weeks (OK, I might have rubbed it in a little).

I finished up my sermon series yesterday entitled “Old-New Questions.” These were questions to which everyone once knew the answer. But the world changed and people change, and now the old questions are new again. You can see the questions and the sermons themselves at my sermon page. One of our members said yesterday that she looked forward to finding out what question I was going to cover each week, kind of like watching a TV series. She was a little miffed that yesterday was the season finale without having any advance notice. Maybe I should have had a cliffhanger.

I made a mistake the other day and read an article on “How to Have an Effective Blog.” There were 20 points or so on what makes a blog effective. Like I said, it was a mistake to have read the article… although I think I do OK on point #6.

My next sermon series is on the book of Amos. I haven’t chosen a title yet, but I’m thinking maybe something like “The Cows of Bashan” or “Let Justice Roll” or maybe “Neither a Prophet nor a Prophet’s Son.” I am open to any suggestions. And I think my next Wednesday night class series is going to be “The Christian and Angels.” Why those two topics? I’ve never preached a series on Amos or taught a class series on angels.

I’m trying hard to think of something else to write about. As soon as I finish this blog, I have to start ripping up carpet to get ready for ceramic tile in our utility room and downstairs bath. There had to be a better way to spend my half-day off!

No comments: