My friend Alan Smith sent me a copy of the "Church of Christ Franchise Agreement" from Jay Guinn's blog "One In Christ." Since I'm preaching Sunday on the true church and I am also running a bulletin article (from one of my earlier blogs) along the same lines, I thought I would reference this blog as well. Just in case the other two don't get me in enough trouble, this one surely will.
Guinn in a (very, very) humorous way suggests a charter that includes all the unwritten rules that many of our churches have operated under for years. If we're going to have a franchise charter, it's much easier to follow if it's written down, right? Of course, then that would be a creed which like the denominations, and they're all going to hell (you'll have to read Guinn's blog to get that one).

Guinn in a (very, very) humorous way suggests a charter that includes all the unwritten rules that many of our churches have operated under for years. If we're going to have a franchise charter, it's much easier to follow if it's written down, right? Of course, then that would be a creed which like the denominations, and they're all going to hell (you'll have to read Guinn's blog to get that one).
No comments:
Post a Comment