Anyway, I was listening back over the two albums getting ready for the concert. A song that stuck out for me is the title song off the second CD, “Lifesong.” The song starts like this--
Empty hands held high, such small sacrifice
If not joined with my life, I sing in vain tonight
May the words I say, and the things I do
Make my lifesong sing, bring a smile to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sign Your name to the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You
One of the things that keeps coming up in our sermon-n-small group series on Jeremiah was Judah’s insistence on seeing worship as most important to God. If they will just did the Temple thing with all the right rites, then their idolatry, adultery, and abusing the poor doesn’t really matter. Jeremiah tried hard but could never quite disabuse them of that notion... so this guy named Nebuchadnezzar rode into Jerusalem and puntuated the point by destroying the Temple.
Christians struggle under the same illusion that God is intensely interested in is our worship and doctrine, the things we do and say the one hour a week when we’re in church. Isn't that what Christians have fouight over through the centuries, the church stuff? Our lives the rest of the time may look little different from the world around us, but that is OK as long as we get the church think down right. The sound you hear is Jeremiah clearing his throat and trying to get our attention, “Hear the word of the Lord…”
After all, “empty hands held high” in worship really isn’t that big of a sacrifice, is it? If our worship and beliefs are not combined with how we live, then we “sing in vain tonight.” The song that God is most interested in hearing us sing is our “lifesong.” May my lifesong sing to you!
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. (Romans 12:1, NLT)
2 comments:
My family and I will possible be some were in the middle of that crowd with you. My wife told me, she will inquire and acquire some if any tickets are left. It would be my first concert since I went to the Sandy Pattie one a (very long time ago (I was miserable at that one (not because I didn’t care for the music or the songs but because I was extremely uncomfortable in crowds at that time (and I was scared that if someone found out that I was listening to Christian lyrics (outside the worship service) with musicians playing instruments that some would find out and sent me straight to the Satan’s house to be purged and reprogrammed) How sick was that?) Well the music was nice and good thoughts were shared through the music and when it was over everyone was very polite and waited there turn as we left the parking lot. It was one of the best looking crowds I ever saw even (the music was more than a little mushy.) I like Casting Crown tons better. They are humble and strong. Very dedicated to “keeping it true.”
Most of our lives are spent out side the worship service and we should eat “good healthy food” listen to “good healthy music” (like Casting Crowns ect.) and drown out the many voices of the world with it. (Not every song is going to be the best song), wow what a variety we have to choose from here in our country, compared to others, we are the richest nation on earth and we have a great responsibility not to waste what we have on our selves (invest it wisely) seeking with the help of trusted advisors, opportunities to help those who are in need of it. Music is a wonderful (food for the soul) and should not be denied those who will benefit from “good music”.
Will not make it (have to play "bus driver") will make a donation to the group and it’s supporters through purchase of the music from that groups marketer, looking forward to hearing all about it, "stay safe".
Post a Comment