Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Shine Your Lite So All Can See

I stumbled across (randomly and circuitously) this video on a blog on the Houston Chronicle website. It is a just released music video from the David Crowder Band. No, this isn't some cool  iPad app; it was done entirely, frame-by-frame and peg-by-peg on a Lite-Brite. According to the blog, it took 2,150 man hours, 700,000 colored pegs, 1200 Lite-Brite images, 83 friends and 148 pizzas to complete.

The video tells a touching love story.  The tear thing at the end really got me. The song is "SMS (Shine)" from the David Crowder band’s album Church Music (which has been out for awhile). The lyrics to the song are below the video:



Send me a sign, a hint, O whisper
Fill me with life 'cause I am listening
Come break the quiet, breathe your awakening
Bring me the light 'cause I am fading

Surround me with the rush of angels' wings

Shine Your light so I can see You
Pull me up, I need to be near You
Hold me, I need to feel loved
Can You overcome this heart that's overcome?

You sent a sign, the hint, O whisper
Human, divine, everyone is listening
Death laid low, quiet in the night is stirring

All around the rush of angels
O the wonder of the greatest love has come

Shine Your light so all can see it
Lifted up, 'cause the whole world needs it
Love has come, what joy to hear it
He has overcome, He has overcome

1 comment:

Roger said...

video works now. Very cool.