Here's my excuse-- all my spare blogging time has been taken up tinkering my recent upgrade to Windows 7 (from XP). On both my computers. If it wasn't enough to relearn the entire operating system, I also upgraded to MS Office 2010 beta (from Office 2003). That means that everything I do and have to relearn how to do it.
Oh, I also bought a car. I sold my old one for scrap. With a bad engine (the Chrysler 2.7 in it was evidently a bad engine even before it blew up), no AC and a shaky transmission, there was no real idea of repair. It left a good looking corpse though. And the radio still works. If anyone wants to say good-bye to the old Intrepid, it's still sitting down at Leggett and Jones waiting for the car crusher to put it out of its memory.
My new car isn't new... and it isn't really mine yet. But the credit union tells me that I have excellent credit (I felt good about that until I realized that what you do to get good credit is borrow money... that and repay it). So sometime in the next several days I'll take possession of my 2007 Honda CRV. Or is it CR-V? Or C-RV?
The last time I bought a car or changed operating systems was in 2000. So now that's behind me, I should be good to go for another decade. Bck to the blog.
5 comments:
Welcome to the Honda family Tuck!
Yeah the Blog is Back! Congradulations and greeting from the Honda family. We got a civic recently and won't go back. Tell everyone we said Merry Christmas. We miss all of you!
i'm a Kia person myself
You've done something I fear I'm going to have to do soon, namely, buy a new (or new-er) vehicle. My wife and I currently drive a ten-year-old truck and a thirteen-year-old sedan, and one or the other of those is going to need replacing in the next year or two. We're trying to save up for a cash purchase, but that's hard to do nowadays. We've even considered the merits of reducing our "fleet" to only one vehicle. There would be major inconvenience, but we've been able to make all sorts of surprising accommodations to new circumstances since she lost her job five years ago. The Lord continues to answer prayers in unforeseen ways.
And as far as computer operating systems go, I'm multi-lingual, at least in that I use WinXP, Vista, and Win7. I dabble with Linux, and only the Mac remains unexplored territory. In the PC realm, there's always new territory to explore. I'm currently experimenting with Office 2010 beta, and enjoying myself immensely.
Good luck with your new vehicle...
You've done something I fear I'm going to have to do soon, namely, buy a new (or new-er) vehicle. My wife and I currently drive a ten-year-old truck and a thirteen-year-old sedan, and one or the other of those is going to need replacing in the next year or two. We're trying to save up for a cash purchase, but that's hard to do nowadays. We've even considered the merits of reducing our "fleet" to only one vehicle. There would be major inconvenience, but we've been able to make all sorts of surprising accommodations to new circumstances since she lost her job five years ago. The Lord continues to answer prayers in unforeseen ways.
And as far as computer operating systems go, I'm multi-lingual, at least in that I use WinXP, Vista, and Win7. I dabble with Linux, and only the Mac remains unexplored territory. In the PC realm, there's always new territory to explore. I'm currently experimenting with Office 2010 beta, and enjoying myself immensely.
Good luck with your new vehicle...
Post a Comment