Sunday’s service was our church's blessing over our school children and teachers. We seem to have an extra large number of kids starting new schools, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a service where we prayed over them. I also decided to use several of the soon-to-be-school kids by letting them read the text during the sermon. I was surprised how easily most of them agreed to participate. Then I realized Sunday morning that I hadn’t been completely clear on what I was asking. Some of them didn’t understand that they would be getting up onstage in front of the whole church to read! I got several deer-in-the-headlights looks when realization finally dawned, but they all went up there and did a great job. Nobody remembers anything I said Sunday in the sermon, but everyone remembers Kate, Wyatt, Jay, Alex, Olivia and T.J. doing reading. They all did a great job! Thanks guys!
They other thing that surprised me Sunday was when I did my commercial for our FriendSpeak seminar and then asked if anyone had questions-- we had a lot of people speak up and ask questions. Maybe we ought to have more crowd interaction on Sunday mornings. OK, maybe not. But I do hope all our people are as excited by FriendSpeak as they seem to be. Everyone be there Saturday, September 19 for the seminar!
1 comment:
Tuck
Great job on Sunday!! Thank you for your lesson and for the prayers for children and the teachers :)
Post a Comment