My head hurts. I started reading an online debate posted on Al Maxey’s website between Al and Darrell Broking. The topic of the debate was “Patternism,” the idea that the NT is a specific blueprint or pattern that determines every aspect of Christianity so that every church will look pretty much alike in every detail. OK, by the way I described the topic, you can tell I’m not a subscriber to that idea. The reason I started reading the debate was an email sent to Al and posted in his Reflections (a weekly email post that I read). Al posts all of his emails-- supporters, detractors and all in-between. Most of the emails aren’t quite so vitriolic as this one--
Sadly, the author of this paragraph isn’t a ten year-old in need of some serious woodshed time but rather a preacher in our area. Evidently there aren't enough heretics nearby to root out (he disfellowshipped us several years ago), so he had to go after Al Maxey some 2000 miles away in Alamogordo, New Mexico. So many heretics, so little time!
What’s the point of bringing this up on my blog? Well, I spent so much time reading through the debate that I might as well get a blog for my trouble… and not just a headache.
Al, you are lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut and just as venomous. Hypocrite!! Judgment is coming, and the Hell you deny is awfully hot! It is pretty clear that you belong to the postmodernistic Emerging Church Movement, or the "Church of Make-Believe." You all write about "grace," "the cross," and "love," but you actually root none of these concepts or items in New Testament teaching. You've merely co-opted the imagery to fool folks into accepting your leadership on your journey into theological oblivion and subsequently into the abyss. Blind leader of the blind!! Folks like you are Socialists and Marxists in their social views as well, which is where you will eventually wind up - in the political camp with the far left of the Democratic Party. You're all a bunch of half-baked, ultra-ultra-liberal New Age hippie freak-types who have more in common with the philosophies of Friedrich Nietzsche, Albert Camus and the Nazi Martin Heidegger. By the way, Al, the Nazi Heidegger, your philosophical godfather, says "Sieg Heil" to you in your bunker! We were close to the truth about you when we were ragging on you about the military.Well, isn’t that special! Can you believe anyone would respond to someone with whom they disagree in such a juvenile, infantile rant? Would anyone see this as Christlike behavior? Did Jesus say, "They will know you are my disciples by the vehemence and ugliness with which you nail heretics? No, Jesus said something about love, a topic the author of th email evidently doesn't much appreciate.
Sadly, the author of this paragraph isn’t a ten year-old in need of some serious woodshed time but rather a preacher in our area. Evidently there aren't enough heretics nearby to root out (he disfellowshipped us several years ago), so he had to go after Al Maxey some 2000 miles away in Alamogordo, New Mexico. So many heretics, so little time!
What’s the point of bringing this up on my blog? Well, I spent so much time reading through the debate that I might as well get a blog for my trouble… and not just a headache.
10 comments:
No wonder your head hurts - not only is the author of that rant's theology defective, so are his grammer and writing skills.
I am not sure that I am understanding this or believing it. . . Has someone been spiking the local grape juice? There is a serious sickness and a problem that drags people to drag others down and I don’t want to get tangled up in it. How long has this been festering? Mass hysteria and/or delusion? At first glance I thought it was just very bad sarcasm. I am thinking a steady diet of this over time could be become acceptable behavior making any person or group of people very . . sick in the head and the heart. Is it 'safe and popular' bashing people who are somehow different from the ‘established and accepted norm?
In Al's last Reflections he posted an email I sent to Daniel Denham regarding his disgusting behavior. You can see it in his readers comments. Since then, Daniel Denham and I have been engaged in an email exchange taking place over several days. He thinks I can somehow be intimidated by posting the letters in his ContendingFTF rag. Who cares. Anyway, I would encourage everyone to email this guy, in love, and let him know how disgusting and dispicable his behavior really is. He needs to hear from people far and wide. That's the only way to stop this "creepy" behavior. This guy is a hard case and I can tell you that he is very scary. I was consigned to hell by him just this week.
Dear brother Tucker, Did you not notice that Al Maxey did not post any of the prior exchange between him and me, as well as several other parties who are witnesses to it? Don't you think that's just a bit strange? Or did it even cross your mind that Al might be hiding something from his readers that is inconvenient to him? Did you know that Al was caught circulating an anonymous email filled with lies against me and numerous others in this area of Virginia and that this email had to come to me by way of a third party? Or does that fact not interest you at all? Is it not of interest to you that the post that Al appropriated from me had to do both with that email and information dealt with in the aforementioned exchange? Or do you just make a practice of running off half-cocked without having checked the facts? It is fascinating that you teach that Matthew 18:15-17 applies to all such cases, yet you have not talked to me about my post before running off on your white horse to Al's defense! Hmm! Maybe there is just a wee bit of hypocrisy dripping from Denbigh's loving pulpit preacher. Daniel Denham
Dear brother Tucker,
I suggest that you remove the libelous blog post that you made attacking me personally from your website post haste. You should check for the facts before jumping into a situation, especially one that did not involve you and involves a violation of laws governing the use of emails. Daniel Denham
Dear brother Tucker,
As I noted in my phone call to you, you do not have a clue as to the background of the exchange with brother Maxey. You have become involved in libelous activity and defamation, besides using an email that was not authorized to be used by Al in the manner he sought to use it. Further, you did not come to me about the matter before wading in with both feet. You ought to do the right thing and repent of what you have done and remove your post.
For those interested in more info on Al Maxey's teachings and practices -- http://www.aboutalmaxeysteachings.com/
Mr. Tucker,
As one who has been getting all the emails and have been personally threatened with physical harm by your close friend Al Maxey, brother Denham is correct in stating that you have no idea what all Al has said and written. He has allowed you to see a very small portion of it to get his followers up in arms and do his dirty work for him in attacking others. I am sure Al is very proud of you, but I am likewise sure that God is not.
Post a Comment