Tuesday, April 08, 2008

About Last Night

I meant to say something in my last post about NCAA championship game last night. So I'll say it here-- WOW! What a great back-n-forth game! I did want Memphis to win (I still call them "Memphis State," but then I still say "Hampton Institute"). We lived in Memphis for awhile and I saw them play a couple of times in person (once LOSING to Oklahoma Christian). The hype of the first ever meeting of all-number-one seeds produced two Final Four blow-outs, so last night's OT nail-bitter was more like it. I still can't believe Kansas somehow forced overtime, but you just knew they would win it once they did. Actually I predicted that Memphis would loose the final three weeks ago... to North Carolina. O well, so begins my dark months of sports exile. Having no interest at all in the NBA or baseball, there is nothing on my sports radar until NFL pre-season except Wimbledon. Well, so there are re-runs on the NFL Network.

2 comments:

Bob Clark said...

I was at the game. We were seconds away from cutting down the nets. What a horrible loss. My son and I were sitting among a sea of Kansas fans. The woman next to me began using racial slurs about the Memphis team before the game began. We (and the Tiger fans scattered around) were yelled at and called all kinds of obscene names. I know all the Kansas fans were surely not like that, but we were shocked at the vulgarity of the people around us. One young man actually apologized to us for the racial comments the lady was making. It was a good game. I just wish the ending had been different and the fans could have enjoyed the game without the open hostility.

Ange said...

I'm definitely my father's child...the NFL pre-season needs to hurry up and get here!