Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Die Has Been Cast

I have heard the following words several times. They can be found all over the web, most often attributed to “author unknown. When there is an attempt to refer to an author, it is attributed to a young pastor in Zimbabwe (or sometimes Rwanda) who was later martyred. Whoever wrote it reminds us powerfully that discipleship is costly and difficult… and absolutely essential—
I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I'm a disciple of His. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.

My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I'm finished with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way rough, my companions few, my guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won't give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, preached up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till He comes,
give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. And when He comes for His own, He will have no problems recognizing me… My banner will be clear!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those words do ring true; appearing to have been stated by some one who has studied that put fourth by the one who does not speak of self and does indeed continually work (even today) giving power to those who listen and have faith. As I understand them, they are the words of a committed solider making the “ultimate sacrifice” who lays down life for the love of his fellow comrades in the faith (Amen) I am wanting to know, when did you first hear those words?