This past Saturday, Clauzelle Reynolds, my mother’s oldest sister, passed from this life to the next after 88 years in this world. She had several different health problems, but her death took us all by surprise. She was sitting at home on minute, groaned and then was with the Lord the next. One of the old prayer phrases that I remember hearing as I was growing up was “Give us a peaceful time in which to die.” Saturday was her peaceful time.
Aunt Clauzelle was school teacher—I always thought that she looked like a school teacher. I might have the families stories scrambled up a bit here, but I’m sure that she taught my uncle, and I’m pretty sure she taught my mother as well. Aunto Clauzelle baked the best yeast rolls that I have ever eaten. I have great memories of staying at her house, tagging along behind my older cousin Randy… and eating rolls. Clauzelle was wife and mother, and a gracious lady in every sense of that word. And more than anything, she was a Christian who loved the Lord and the church with every part of her being. Her family will miss her terribly.
The other day before we found out that Bob Bean’s Dad had died, someone called Lynne to see how he was doing. Lynne said, “He doing much better now” and only then explained that he died. What a great Christian sentiment, and it applies so well to my Aunt Clauzelle. She had been having some serious health troubles, but she is doing much better now.
No comments:
Post a Comment