Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Assignment 2006

I need your help on this one! What do we do for next year? This year we have read through the Bible together suing a reading calendar with an Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs reading. I have preached on one of the Sunday texts in the series. I'll likely not do that again, but what do we do for our daily devotional reading?
  • Maybe we read through the Bible in canonical order, Genesis to Revelation.
  • Maybe we use the Chronological Bible to read the Bible in historical order.
  • Maybe we use the One Year Bible (similar to this year, but less repetitive.
  • Maybe we study through 12 long Bible books (1 a month) at a slower pace.
  • Maybe we use a devotional guide like Power for Today or Morning and Evening.
What do you think? I like the idea of us having a "recommended plan" for our quiet time. At least this encourages those of us who have a hard time staring on task! Whatever the plan, it won't have us read through Proverbs 12 times in 2006!

So what do you think? Post a comment below to let me know what you are thinking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to do the 12 books (one per month). I really would like to do the four gospels but that may be too much having one book for three months.