What was really depressing this weekend was that the biggest game
of the year in college football ended up meaning nothing. Michigan continues to be ranked #2 in the BCS (Big Crummy System) after loosing the so-called “game of the century” to Ohio State. How can a team loose their last game, finish 3rd in the Big Ten (Wisconsin is #2 on style points), a conference that only has 5 teams with winning records (the Big East has 6, the SEC 8), and still play for the national championship? In the next two weeks, #3 USC plays #6 Notre Dame and #4 Florida plays #5 Arkansas. Unless someone wakes up, those games will mean about has much as 31 of the 32 Bowl games… and just about as much as Ohio State beating Michigan last week. Nothing! Big Crummy System.Oh well, it doesn’t really matter. It’s only a game. No big deal. Except in the (unlikely) event that Arkansas beats LSU this week and Florida the next (in the SEC championship game). That would make the Razorbacks 12-0 since Sep 2 and the hottest team in college football (except Ohio State). If after that Michigan plays for the title after being 0-1 in their last game and finishing 3rd in the Big Ten, then I’m calling for a congressional investigation! Big Crummy System.
Note: As a Razorback back fan, I must confess that the opportunity to even care about the BCS is kinda fun (for a change). But I still think it is a Big Crummy System.
6 comments:
I remember saying a prayer one afternoon at the in-laws dinner table before a Sunday meal years ago before a Dallas vs Miami game. It was just a light hearted, playful prayer about Miami having a good season and beating Dallas. Well, they lost miserably that day to Dallas and Dan Marino had a horrible game. Either God has a sense of humor or He's a Cowboys fan.
I was actually glad to see Dallas beat Indy. The 72 Dolphins continues to be the only undefeated team.
GO DOLPHINS!!! Mybe they can still make the playoffs.
Go Ohio State! I think the system stinks too, since they will have to play Michigan agan. Let them play one of those other chump teams. Michigan will probably beat them senseless this time. I wish Rutgers had won. Maybe they would have ascended to number 2. I'd much rather they play them instead of Michigan. But if O-state is #1. They are #2.
I find it humerous that it took a Cowboys victory over Indy to bring out your first blog post without a scripture tie-in. As I was reading, I assumed that this would be tying into a lesson on humility... I guess not ;)
Bob, I actually had several applications in mind when I started writing. I felt a bond with Job sitting on the dung hill scraping his boils and pondering the problem of evil... and the BCS!
haha! Kate made me write that.
Post a Comment